The Centre's work has comprised of:
* Training programmes for young children, school and college students, teachers and educators, corporate sector, professionals, parents, etc.
* Creation of Resource materials in Self-development/Transformative learning, social change: Journals, Books, Cassettes, Multimedia.
* Research in Curriculum, Pedagogy and Evaluation Techniques, as well as Administrative and Management Structures for a holistic education and ways of working as a team.
* Establishing a school based on holistic methods of education – for the teacher’s as well as the student’s growth.
* Building up a faculty to facilitate teaching and learning in different disciplines (education, psychology, management, sociology, culture) with an integral approach, including transformative learning and social change as part of the curriculum and pedagogy.
The Gnostic Centre has also been collaborating and networking with other institutions engaged in a similar process in order to create a more powerful impetus for the larger change. At times these have been informal collaborations – through like-minded individuals, such as with Auroville (a transformative community in south India). At other times there have been formal arrangements, such as with the University of Delhi – we are on the panel of its Bachelors of Elementary Education course for training teacher-students in Self-development. We have also had a Collaborative Working Partnership aimed at delivering and accrediting Initial Teacher Education and Continuing Professional Development Programmes in Integral Education with Centre for Overseas and Developing Education (CODE), Homerton College, University of Cambridge, UK.
Further Possibilities of Collaboration:
* Offer joint courses, training programmes based on the unique expertise of the collaborating participants, for a mixed group of students.
* Exchange programmes between The Gnostic Centre and the collaborating Institute, to provide diverse exposure, experience and training to students of both the institutes. We could further network for specialised training and development with other individuals, organisations and communities, in our circle.
* Provide Training inputs for individuals or institutions interested in self-development, growth of consciousness, training of the mind, etc. Courses such as:
* Foundations in Facilitation
* Transformative Learning and Social Change
* Integral Psychology
* The Science of Living
* Power of Attitude
* How to Bring up a Child
* The Art of Healthy Living
* Integral Approach to Management
* Sharing and exchange of research and resources.
The Gnostic Centre has grown in an organic fashion... and is open to possibilities as they emerge, and help to further its aims......
home page about us : an overview the vision integral yoga philosophy
sri aurobindo & the mother
people behind the centre playschool : l'avenir school education higher education : courses
teacher education journal, books, multimedia research
photo gallery how to participate/help how to find us
July 05, 2005
The sacred Relics of Sri Aurobindo were enshrined at the Noida Branch on 1st May 2005 by His Excellency T.N. Chaturvedi, Governor of Karnataka. About 250 persons comprising of various dignitaries, members of the Noida Branch of Sri Aurobindo Society and from other States attended the solemn ceremony. Shri Pradeep Narang and Shri Vijay K. Poddar also spoke on the occasion. The entire event was well organised by Shri O.P. Dani, Chairman of the Branch, and his team.
July 03, 2005
Because thou art, men yield not to their doom,
But ask for happiness and strive with fate;
Because thou art, the wretched still can hope.
[Sri Aurobindo, Savitri: 7.4.507]
Because thou art in him, man hopes and dares
Because thou art, men’s soul can climb the heavens
And walk like gods in the presence of the Supreme.
[Sri Aurobindo, Savitri: 7.4.513]
Because thou art, the soul draws near to God:
Because thou art, love grows in spite of hate
And knowledge walks unslain in the pit of night.
[Sri Aurobindo, Savitri: 7.4.520]
Because Thou art All-beauty and All-bliss
My soul blind and enamoured yearns for Thee;
It bears Thy mystic touch in all that is
And thrills with the burden of that ecstasy….
Time voyages with Thee upon its prow –
And all the future’s passionate hope is Thou.
[Sri Aurobindo, Collected Poems: 154]