- Was Sorokin involved in research on Yoga techniques at St. Petersburg as well?
- Why did Sorokin leave Russia?
- Were Vygotsky and other Russian intellectuals acquainted with Sri Aurobindo's works too?
- Were Vygotsky and Luria aware of Sorokin's work?
- Most important of all, under what constraints, individual, social, political, were the Russian intellectuals working in those days?
Sorokin's remarks about Aurobindo reveal that there was cultural contact between India and Russia through the writings of prominent Indian intellectuals of those times. I was curious to know more about St. Petersburg and its involvement in India.