July 21, 2006

The New Horizon

Barindranath Chaki Visional Administrator Location: Bhubaneswar, Orissa
I believe in human progress and evolution. Personally, I am interested in reading and writing, poetry and painting and other artistic pursuits, sports (mainly cricket, badminton and tennis), and in philosophy and spiritual seeking, in outer and inner adventures. Astrology is also another pursuit of mine. My main interest is the Adventure of Consciousness.
I believe that Man has the innate capacity to outgrow and master all his imperfections and darkness, and he should develop this and grow into a creative, constructive and divinised higher being. The Society should also grow accordingly and conquer all darkness within and without, surpassing all racial religious linguistic political and other artificial barriers.
I am a retired Administrative Officer from the State Administrative Service from Orissa, a State in India. Since my adolescence, I was inspired by Sri Aurobindo and the Mother (Mira Alfassa) and tried to read, understand and follow what they have taught and make others understand and follow them, as far as possible. After retirement, I have engaged myself in translating into Bengali various books published by Mira Aditi Centre, an international publisher of books, mainly written and edited by Satprem, a Frenchman, who was a disciple and the confidante of the Mother, when he was in Sri Aurobindo Ashram (till Her passing away in 1973).
Books translated by me include Sri Aurobindo or the Adventure of Consciousness , written by Satprem, India's Rebirth, a collection from the writings of Sri Aurobindo , and India the Mother, a collection from the writings of the Mother, Neanderthal Looks On (Satprem), The Great Sense ( Satprem), The Veda and the Human Destiny (Satprem). I have also a lot of interest in painting and poetry. I have pasted copies of a few paintings here.
My Zaadz URL is :http://barin.zaadz.com One of my websites is : The New Horizon - http://www.freewebs.com/barinchaki/ which features my philosophical writings, promoting Self-Knowledge and Development, and is also meant to decipher the destiny of a person concerned through Astrology. For members of Zaadz, the astrological readings are free. The members of Zaadz are requested to visit the site. The most used of my email addresses is :barin_chaki@yahoo.co.in My pods are : http://pods.zaadz.com/vision , http://pods.zaadz.com/know-your_destiny

2 comments:

  1. I fondly remember your advice to read The Life Divine at Matru Vihar, Sundargarh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 21, 2006

    Oh, that was about twenty years back! Thank you for remembering me. We have again met conquering Time and Space!
    Let us remain in contact henceforth.
    I am extremely happy and joyous to see and go through your Blog!

    Barin
    21-07-2006

    ReplyDelete